Candida Mushroom Symptoms and Causes
As is known, fungi are organisms that cause disease in humans, like viruses. Fungi appear under a microscope either roundly or spindle-shaped. Yeast mushrooms that are seen in a round shape are called mold fungi. Candida group is one of the yeast fungus groups.
Candida fungal infections are certain parts of the body infected by candida group fungi. Candida group mushrooms are skin flora elements found in the mouth and intestines. These are also called intestinal mushrooms. Unless there is a factor that disrupts the skin flora, candida species do not cause infection in the body. Candida albicans (intestinal fungus) are the most common species in humans. It is the most infectious agent that causes opportunistic fungal infections. Diseases caused by Candida species can give a broad spectrum of symptoms, from skin involvement to life-threatening organ involvement.
Intestinal fungal infections are named according to the places the body holds:
- Candidate fungus infection in mouth and pharynx
- Candida yeast infection in the esophagus
- Candida yeast infection in the vaginal area
- Candida yeast infections that cause skin infections
- Candida yeast infections with recurrent skin and mucous lesions
- Type candida fungal infections that affect the whole body
- Candidate fungal infections in the heart (endocarditis)
- Candida yeast infections in the liver and spleen
- Candida yeast infections with deep localization
If Candida fungus and intestinal fungus spread through the blood to the kidney, bone, eye, the structure that covers the abdominal cavity, the brain, this is called focal invasive infections.
Candida fungal infections can be seen as a large set of syndromes according to the structure they hold from a simple skin lesion. Syndromes may vary depending on the symptoms of the subforms of the disease.
Symptoms of candida fungal infections in the mouth and pharynx:
The lesion described as “thrush” is seen in the mouth and tongue. It is in the form of fluffy white transparent lesion from the skin. This lesion is called thrush because it looks like cotton. Painful pits appear on the lip edges. Sometimes it manifests itself in the form of thinning of the mucous membranes or thickening of white color. Candida mushrooms that go in the form of thickening have the potential to turn into skin cancers if they are not treated effectively.
Symptoms of candida fungal infection in the esophagus:
Candidate fungal infections that hold this area will usually show symptoms of painful swallowing in the chest area during eating, as well as no symptoms at all.
Symptoms of candida fungal infections in the vaginal area:
Itching and discomfort in the vaginal area may be accompanied by discharge. The most common symptom is severe itching. The stream is “cut milk” specific to the disease. It appears as red or white lesions on the vaginal walls.
Symptoms of candida fungus infection that holds the skin:
It is mostly seen on the folded areas of the skin. It appears in places such as armpits, groin, nipple, inguinal area. The lesions are red, itchy, often filled with pus and sharply limited. Candidate fungal infection that holds the skin can also hold the nails. Infected form of candida common fungal disease with candida fungus; especially those who put their hands in water frequently. For example, in people who wash dishes, do laundry.
Symptoms of candida fungal infections with recurrent skin and mucous lesions:
It is a type that does not respond to treatment and is recurrent. It appears as thrush, which appears in the mouth. Infection of the vaginal area is manifested in the form of stiff and thickened swelling on the face, head and hands. Some patients may be associated with endocrine disorders.
- Symptoms of common types of candida fungal infections:
- Symptoms of infections of the type candida fungus involving the internal organs: It manifests as an abscess in many organs. The eyes, kidneys, spleen and brain are the most common sites. It gives symptoms according to its location.
- Symptoms of candida fungal infections (endocarditis) seen in the heart: Mostly, they do not cause symptoms. Although they give symptoms, they give symptoms of vascular occlusion.
- Symptoms of candida fungal infections (Hepatosplenic type) in the liver and spleen: Symptoms in the form of high fever, right upper abdominal pain, chills.
- Symptoms of deep fungal candida fungal infections: It gives symptoms such as low back pain, fever, neck stiffness and visual problems according to the organ it holds.
Candida group, candida albicans, which is a gut fungus, is one of the skin flora elements in the intestines. Skin flora and intestinal fungi protect us from disease-causing factors such as harmful bacteria. Here, the intestinal fungus, which is found naturally in the structure of this skin and digestive system, spreads only to deep tissues as a result of damage to the skin. Often the source of the infection is the digestive system. If the intestinal fungi once passes into the blood, a wide spread of blood is often seen.
Candida fungi and intestinal fungi that do not normally cause illness also cause disease when the immune system is weakened. It is one of the most common factors in fungal diseases seen in the hospital. Increasingly, fungal infections are the main cause of permanent injury and death in hospitalized and immunocompromised patients. Almost all of these infections are caused by fungi that do not cause serious illness in normal people. In this group, opportunistic candida species are members of normal digestion, excretory and skin flora in humans.
Candida fungus is not contagious unless there is a serious underlying immune-suppressing disease. If there is a candida fungus in the vaginal area, it can be passed from mother to baby during childbirth.
1-) Candidate fungus infection that settles on mucous membranes:
- Causes of candida fungal infection in the mouth and pharynx:
It is the type seen in patients with AIDS. The emergence of “thrush” in people without a previously known disease should immediately raise suspicion for AIDS.
- Causes of candida fungal infection in the esophagus:
Its development is almost always associated with weak immunity.
- Causes of candida fungal infection in the vaginal area:
It is common in women of childbearing age due to sexual transmission. Regional immune disorder between the ages of 14-45 is accused of cause. Candida yeast infections in the vaginal area in post-menopausal women should raise suspicion for diabetes. It is also a risk factor in pregnancy.
2-) Causes of candida fungal infection that holds the skin:
Candida fungus form of entanglement disease; especially those who put their hands in water frequently. For example, it is seen in people who wash dishes, do laundry.
3-) Causes of candida fungal infections with recurrent skin and mucous lesions:
It is thought to be a disease of Candida fungus and intestinal fungal infection, congenital immune disorder. Beginning from childhood strengthens this theory. Genetics is accused of reason.
4-) Common causes of candida fungal infections:
- Candida yeast infections involving the internal organs:
In people with a very weakened immune system, only internal organs can hold.
- Candida yeast infections (endocarditis) seen in the heart:
It is seen in those who have a heart valve, those who use drugs, those who use drugs intravenously. The most common causative agent is the fungus candida albicans. But in some cases, the frequency order may change.
- Causes of candida fungal infections (Hepatosplenic type) seen in the liver and spleen:
It appears in the blood when neutrophils, the body’s fighters against microbes, are reduced. Examples of this are patients with leukemia. They form full vesicles in the liver and spleen.
- Causes of candida fungal infections other than intestinal fungus:
- Patients with leukemia: Candida tropicalis
- Bone marrow transplant : Candida krusei (azole resistance)
- Candida lusitaniae (amphotericin-8 resistance)
- Intravenous drug use: Candida parapsilosis
- In those with artificial covers: Candida parapsilosis
5-) Causes of type candida fungal infections that spread to deep tissue:
It is frequently seen in hospitalized patients. This may be caused by diabetes, broad-spectrum antibiotic use, urinary device use, and congenital structural abnormalities.
In the involvement of the bones, the injection of fungus directly into the blood as a result of intra-articular drug injections, surgical procedure or pulses may be involved.
Eye involvement candida fungal infections are most often caused by lens surgery or cataract surgery.
Acute candida fungal meningitis in newborns with low birth weight; it can be part of the type that holds the whole body.
To summarize, candida mushroom has three main causes: Diabetes, Pregnancy and HIV infection.
AIDS, diabetes, denture use, pregnant women (especially 6-9 months), dry mouth causes, people who underwent surgery, cancer patients, people who received steroid treatment, people who received heavy blows to the body, low birth weight newborns, hospitalized people, those who have sexual intercourse frequently, those who use drugs intravenously, those who wear artificial heart valves, and substance users can be counted.